Howdy from Texas! - 2018+ Honda CB1000R, CB300R, CB125R Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Danny Galeana

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Howdy from Texas!

Hey All,
After 4 Harley Davidsons, I was yearning for a lighter and higher performing bike. I used to race sport bikes in the 80's and missed that type of riding experience. At 55 years old, I was not looking for a crotch rocket, and I like to tour. It takes at least 15 hours to get out of TX from the south TX border. The 2018 Honda CB1000R was just the ticket! Glad to be a part of your community!
Danny G.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 03:35 PM

I think you'll still find this to be a crotch rocket ;-) But comfortable. And much quicker than 80s sports bikes. With way better handling :-D
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 12:28 PM

Welcome to the forum Danny and congrats on your new CB1000R! Quite the transition from your Harley bikes but I'm sure you'll welcome the change in riding characteristics.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 10:28 AM

Congrats on your new CB and welcome to community. The maneuverability of this bike will be a night and day difference over your previous cruisers.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 09:19 PM

Good choice coming from a Harley. Seen way too many Harley guys get the Honda Gold Wing as their first Honda instead of trying something newer.

What other bikes were you looking into before deciding on the CB1k? Any first mods/accessories planned?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

Hey RedWing, I was looking at the naked bikes like the Ducati Diavel, Triumph Triple RS, Kawasaki Z1000, and the Yamaha MT10. I used to race sport bikes back in the 80's and was looking for a better handling bike with more power, but did not want an uncomfortable race bike as I'm 55 now. I had 4 Harleys including a V-rod and my last bike which was a Low Rider S with the 110 engine. I was never satisfied with the handling. Liked the V-rod's engine but it did not like turning. My last bike had better handling and good torque out of the 110, but sounded like a bucket of rattling bolts. Changed the lifters to S&S, but made no difference. It had a knock at 2500rpm to 3200rpm. HD dealer could find nothing wrong. Felt like it was destroying itself. My new CB engine is so smooth compared to the HD engines. Handling is awesome!
RedWing likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 12:19 AM

I hear similar stories, so not surprised. Even cruiser guys ditched their HD's for Honda's equivalent

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page