Glad to be here - 2018+ Honda CB1000R, CB300R, CB125R Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Glad to be here

I've been so happy with Honda has been doing with the design of their bikes recently and the CB300R really caught my attention. Unfortunately financial struggles are preventing me from pulling the trigger on one at the moment but at least I found this community to share my passion for riding with. This place looks like it has some great members!
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 09:44 AM

Same here, I am coming from big hravy cruisers, long trips camping in the smokies, so I got me a touring Harley last year.

After a year I found myself not doing the long trips, no using the big bike much because of its size and weight do I got ride of it.

Since must of rides these days are to local I think the 300cc would be sufucient.

I am mostly atracted to this bike becsuse of its looks.

But I am torn because for the same money Kawasaki is offering more bike with the Z400 I just dont like the headlights.

So I came here to learn more about the experiences you all are having with the 300R.

Hello everyone!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronBunny View Post
Same here, I am coming from big hravy cruisers, long trips camping in the smokies, so I got me a touring Harley last year.

After a year I found myself not doing the long trips, no using the big bike much because of its size and weight do I got ride of it.

Since must of rides these days are to local I think the 300cc would be sufucient.

I am mostly atracted to this bike becsuse of its looks.

But I am torn because for the same money Kawasaki is offering more bike with the Z400 I just dont like the headlights.

So I came here to learn more about the experiences you all are having with the 300R.

Hello everyone!
Hello and welcome! I'm a new owner of a 2020 model. My first bike was a used '79 Honda CB400T Hawk that I purchased for $500 and restored with some help. I learned to ride on that bike and it only had a kick start. Moved to a 2002 Suzuki SV650, then a KTM 690SMR before taking a break from riding altogether. My CB300R is my new first bike all over again. I love it because of the smaller displacement, Neo-retro looks, and it's the lightest bike I've ever owned. I'm sure I'll have more compliments about it in the coming months but for now, it just puts a smile on my face.

I did look at the Z400 and got on it. In the end, I liked the look of the Honda better and the bang for the buck the Z400 offered wasn't a factor.

-----
2020 Honda CB300R
2018 KTM Duke 390
2018 Honda PCX
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

The looks are huge for me as well. I'm not a speed demon by any means so the 300R is right up my alley. Glad to hear you're enjoying so much MarlonPatrone! Do you take it on long rides or shorter trips?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Senna View Post
I've been so happy with Honda has been doing with the design of their bikes recently and the CB300R really caught my attention. Unfortunately financial struggles are preventing me from pulling the trigger on one at the moment but at least I found this community to share my passion for riding with.
Now is the time many dealers are offering discounts to move out the old and bring in the new 2020 models. A dealer 100 miles from me is offering over $500 off what I paid last September. I ride mine about 150 miles per day on same routes I ride my Yamaha XSR700; the CB300R is a great all around bike for many riding situations. Just turned 5000 miles each on both bikes.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Senna View Post
The looks are huge for me as well. I'm not a speed demon by any means so the 300R is right up my alley. Glad to hear you're enjoying so much MarlonPatrone! Do you take it on long rides or shorter trips?
Right now my rides are for commuting to and from work and some short rides around San Francisco. I'll share more of my riding experiences after the break in period. I wish it had a gear indicator; I tend to forget what gear I'm in sometimes. I think it's because of the short gearing which I'm still getting used to. Not a big deal cause I can add one eventually.

-----
2020 Honda CB300R
2018 KTM Duke 390
2018 Honda PCX
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlonPatrone View Post
Right now my rides are for commuting to and from work and some short rides around San Francisco. I'll share more of my riding experiences after the break in period. I wish it had a gear indicator; I tend to forget what gear I'm in sometimes. I think it's because of the short gearing which I'm still getting used to. Not a big deal cause I can add one eventually.
That sounds good Marlon, I can't wait to see them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACoH View Post
Now is the time many dealers are offering discounts to move out the old and bring in the new 2020 models. A dealer 100 miles from me is offering over $500 off what I paid last September. I ride mine about 150 miles per day on same routes I ride my Yamaha XSR700; the CB300R is a great all around bike for many riding situations. Just turned 5000 miles each on both bikes.
I've been keeping track of that, hopefully I can find a good deal.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page